Thursday, January 30, 2014

I don't blame Tele-Marketers, only their bosses.

I received a call today. The caller ID showed a Dallas number so I picked it up. There was a fraction of a pause, then a recorded message said: 'Congratulations! You have won a 3-day 2-night package...', at which point I disconnected.

Really??? You want to grab my attention with a recorded message? If I had continued listening, the message would have asked me to call a toll-free number immediately to get the prize. Or a human being would have come on to get more details from me.

Of the similar calls that I get from hotels, cruises, security systems and insurance companies, the prize goes to credit card companies!

Guys! THIS DOES NOT WORK! Why do you still continue to train your tele-marketers thusly?

Sometimes... if I am in a good mood and a human being is actually at the other end of the line, I may politely decline their offer. I feel sorry for them for their training is so horribly wrong.

In real estate training too, some methods that we are taught are so strange.

You are asked to prepare a pre-listing package. A folder that you would overnight to your sellers after you have scheduled an appointment but before you meet them. And what would this folder contain? A brag sheet about... drum roll... yourself! Your qualifications, your certifications and designations, your company, the homes that you have sold, and also to make it a little personal, something about yourself... for example:
- I have 4 grandchildren: Tommy, Susie, Bella and Jordyn. I love baking cookies for them.
- I love reading and gardening.
- I love travel.

???

There are trainers galore who will positively vouch for this as a means of impressing your potential clients.

Simply put, if I am the seller, I want to know how you would #marketmyhouse, not this rubbish about your grandchildren and reading habits.

Get real!

Check out all homes for sale in Columbia and Lexington at www.homesincolumbiasc.net
For... all Real Estate matters! 

No comments:

Post a Comment